A healthy TikiFish Poké bowl you can make at home.
You may have noticed recently, that TikiFish had the honor of serving up classic & bespoke plates for the Victoria’s Secret Angels during this year’s Coachella Music & Arts Festival. We wanted to create a savory, low-carb & low calorie Poké that would be a ideal fit for the festivities.
We decided to plate an O.G. Hawaiian classic with a Tiki-twist for more of a citrusy pop. It’s a very light recipe that you could easily prepare at home.
O.G. Ola Poké Salad
Ingredients (For Single Serving)
- 4 oz. Sashimi Grade Ahi Tuna (Medium Dice)
- 1.5 tbs Maui Onion (Small Dice)
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 pinch Alaea Red Hawaiian Salt
- 1 pinch of Black Sesame Seeds (For Garnish)
Ponzu Pickled Scallions
- 3 tbs Ponzu (From local grocery market. Doesn’t have to be home-made like we use at TikiFish.)
- 1 tbs Scallions (Medium Sliced)
Rice Vinegar Dressing for Kale
- 2-3 cups Organic Baby Kale
- 2 tbs Grape-seed Oil
- 1 tbs Rice Vinegar
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
Combine all ingredients for the Poke recipe in a small bowl, (except the Black Sesame Seeds) mix well and set aside.
For Pickled Scallions
Combine Ponzu & Scallions and let it marinade for at least 10 minutes.
Whisk together Vinegar & Oil then season with sea salt.
Once all your mise en Place is ready, toss baby kale with dressing & place bed of kale on bottom of a bowl. top kale with Tuna Poké. Garnish Poke with Pickled Scallions & Black Sesame Seeds.